Run-flat tires. They sound great, right? If you unfortunately get a flat they help get you to the nearest service station without having to stop and swap out the blown tire for a donut. That alone can be huge, but before you go out and buy them you should be well-informed about the pros and cons of run-flat tires vs traditional tires. We break it down in detail here but here are the crib notes.
- Mobility after getting a flat tire
- Increased safety when getting a flat while moving
- Less weight and more space (no need for that donut)
- Price. They tend to be more expensive than regular tires.
- Diminished fuel economy.
- Availability can be limited.
So there you have it. If you’re interested learning more details about the pros and cons of run-flat tires, you can check out our breakdown.