The COVID-19 pandemic continues, but as stay-at-home orders are slowly relaxed, the necessities of life are compelling people to step outside and reengage with businesses.
If you’re in need of a new set of tires, you may be wondering what tire shops are doing to curb the spread of COVID.
Buying tires with TireBuyer is 100% digital and while you can ship your tires to your home, you can also enjoy the convenience of having your tires shipped free to an installer. We have over 9,000 trusted installation partners who are taking extra precautions.
Take a look at some of our top locally owned partners at Tire Pros: S&S Discount Tire Pros, Hay Tire Pros, Tire World Auto Repair Tire Pros, Gary’s Auto Care & Tire Pros and West Coast Tire and Service Tire Pros.
Below are a few examples of services offered at locally operated Tire Pros locations:
- Curbside dropoff and pick up with online appointment scheduling.
- No-contact dropbox: You have the option to drop off your key without coming into the shop or interacting with others. Following your service, they’ll work with you to get your car back.
- Mobile communication and payment: Checking on the status of your vehicle and paying for your services can all be done over a mobile device. Text, webchat, Facebook Messenger, and Google Messaging are various communication channels available for customers. There’s no need for you to wait in the lobby until your repairs are complete.
- Increased cleaning frequency: Most-touched surfaces like door handles, credit card readers, waiting areas, and restrooms will be sanitized more frequently.
- Reinforced health and safety protocols: Frequent and proper handwashing, auto technician glove use, using seat covers, steering wheel covers, floor mats and wiping down door handles, gear shift handles, etc. with sanitizer prior to working on your vehicle and before the vehicle is returned to you. Shops are also using plexiglass shields & counter guards for safer checkout. They’ve added mobile hand sanitization stations in their shops, and locations are advising staff to remain home if they experience related symptoms or feel ill.
The Tire Choice. With more than 1,200 locations in 32 states, The Tire Choice stores have been outfitted with clear plastic shields at service counters. Disinfecting protocols have been implemented, with common touch vehicle surfaces like door handles and steering wheels being disinfected before and after service is complete. Contact-less service may be prearranged at your request.
Tuffy evolved business practices back in mid-March. CDC-approved disinfectants are rigorously used on all surfaces and in commonly used areas of Tuffy facilities. All loaner and customer shuttle service vehicles are similarly subject to much-enhanced cleaning practices. Disposable steering wheel covers, floor mats, and seat covers are installed pre-service to reduce and all but eliminate interaction with common vehicle touchpoints.
At Pep Boys, you’ll find programs in sync with social distancing practices like touchless drop-offs and mobile pay from your phone, plus extra cleaning. Their touchless drop-off program all but eliminates in-person interaction and even addresses the cleanliness of your vehicle keys before return.
If you have any questions, call ahead, and discuss your shop’s safety precautions. Let us know if you need help finding a set of tires and an installer that meets your safety standards.